Ashdale's Science program includes the integration of STEM; hands-on investigations, projects and activities; and creates models that showcase science understandings. A whole school, annual celebration of science in Australia is organised by our Science Team during National Science Week.
Kindy - Year 4 Program includes:
- STEM Learning Project encourages students to be collaborative and solve open-ended problems that have a real-world context
- Primary Connections 5Es teaching and learning model
Year 5 and 6 Program includes:
- Online program called Stile where each student has their own account to explore interactive simulations to help students understand complex systems
- Stile becomes a virtual lab book where students capture and store results, photos and videos
- Year 5 and 6 students have the opportunity of becoming Lab Assistants in leading and helping various lunchtime STEM activities